Thursday, March 13, 2014

If You Ever Need Me, Let me Know


I have slightly altered a poem by Laurie Wyrner (my apologies to her), that speaks to me about Jesus’ eternal and unending desire to be there for us in times of trouble.

 

No one, not even me, said life would be easy.

It seems so unfair sometimes.

Yet life’s ups and downs

Make us better and stronger,

Even though we may not realize it at the moment.

 

Remember –

When you hurt, let the pain out.

When you’re sad, let the tears flow.

When you’re angry, release it. (You know I did.)

When frustration sets in, work it out.

 

Help yourself as much as you can.

You can be your own best friend.

 

But when you need to share,

In your confusion, let me know.

I want to know when to be there,

But I can’t always reach out to you

Unless you reach out to me.

 

Love is the greatest gift

We can give to one another.

And giving is one of the

Greatest joys life bestows upon us.

 

I’m here to give you what you need,

Whenever and for always.

No comments: